Work Life Balance
Why This Training?
The percentage of time we spend working is still on the rise, leaving free time relegated to a few short hours a week, and life can seem like one long work day after another. We can spend well beyond our contracted hours at our jobs. Many of us never leave work at all. It is still in our heads when we are travelling home, when we are with our family or friends, and even when we are trying to get to sleep at night.
We can continue with the way things are and hope it gets better, or do something about it. This one-day training course is for people who want to do something about it. It is an opportunity to step back, take stock, and find ways to make changes.
"I have really enjoyed the course and feel it has benefited me not only in my job role but also in my personal life" - D. Toms, Training Manager.
At the end of this one-day course delegates will have a number of methods, tools and approaches to:
- Identify the roles and activities which require different levels of attention
- Exert more control over their time and energy
- Improve workload management with practical techniques and approaches
- Assessing current life-work balance and how it affects us
- Understanding the causes of imbalance
- Life and work responsibilities - the roles we have
- Seven practical ways to cope with too much work
- Coping with competing demands and maintaining concentration
- What drains us and what fuels us
- Understanding the energy "barometer" and managing energy levels
- Getting priorities right and protecting them
- Strategies for upgrading the quality of our lives and nurturing well-being
- "Depth" activities which stabilise us
- Creating life and work goals
"Very enjoyable, interesting course that I can incorporate into my work practise" - Penny West, Registered Manager.
Course Presenter - Julie Gallimore MA MCIPD
Julie specialises in delivering Counselling Skills at Work, Work Life Balance and Stress Management Skills for Peter Delves Associates.
She is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and has extensive experience working with the public and private sectors. Julie's philosophy to training is that learning happens quicker and easier the more delegates are able to engage and enjoy the process.
Who will benefit
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to manage their work-life balance more effectively.
How to book a course
Our corporate courses are commissioned by organisations for "in-house" training. The course calendar gives details of our open courses only. If you would like a quote for delivering this course in house, please feel free to email us or call (01926) 856746.