Managing Workplace Stress
Why This Training?
Managers can no longer afford to turn a blind eye to workplace stress. Legal claims in the UK have now become a reality where employers fail to take reasonable steps in preventing stress at work.
The Health and Safety Executive now say that “Stress should be treated like any other health hazard” and have identified six key risk factors which organisations need to consider in order to minimise stress.
The following one-day course in workplace stress management training provides managers with the skills and strategies to play a leading part in reducing team stress. It can be combined with the Stress Management Skills Course, if managers want to link this training with their own stress reduction.
"A very productive course that will assist both myself and my team in understanding the signals, prevention and management of stress" - Mat Johnson, Business Account Manager.
To enable managers to become competent in addressing stress in the workplace and their teams by:
- Raising awareness of their responsibilities for stress management
- Understanding the causes and recognising the early symptoms of stress in the workplace
- Taking remedial and preventative action to reduce employee stress.
- Employer liability and statutory provisions including the DDA
- Pressure and stress-what's the difference?
- HSE risk factors for work stress
- Management style and communication
- How to minimise stress with preventative action
- Strategies for handling workplace stress
- Recognising the resources available to managers
- How to undertake a risk assessment for stress
"This gave me insight into the causes of stress and therefore how it can be tackled. This will benefit me in my advisory role to line managers more effectively". - N. Tamar, Senior HR Advisor.
"This has helped me focus on some immediate and urgent tasks I need to review. Very valuable. Many Thanks". - Peter Clinton-Jones, Supply Chain Manager.
Course Presenter - Peter Delves
Peter has been supporting organisations and individuals in managing workplace stress for 15 years.
He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development and Master Practitioner of NLP. Peter brings a depth of knowledge to his employee stress training courses which have a reputation for being highly participative, thought-provoking and fun.
Who will benefit
Managers, Supervisors, Personnel Officers, Training officers, Occupational Health Specialists, Welfare Officers, Health & Safety Officers.
How to book a course
Our corporate courses are commissioned by organisations for "in-house" training. The course calendar gives details of our open courses only. If you would like a quote for delivering this course in house, please feel free to email us or call (01926) 856746.